Volunteers and Internship
Would you like to help the Arlington community and gain real work experience? Do you have an expertise in training and curriculum development? How about facilitating a workshop to assist job seekers with obtaining employment? These are some of the ways to help at Arlington Employment Center.
As an Employment Services and Training Intern, you will work within the Arlington Employment Center and will be responsible for assisting in the development and implementation various job workshops, including but not limited to topics such as job search skills, soft skills, social media, interview skills and etiquette, and resume writing. The intern will also work directly with clients and assist in helping clients one-on-one with employment case management and support.
- Proof of enrollment in a college or university and work experience (paid or volunteer), which demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the duties of the position. Major course of study may be in one of the following areas: Communications, Education, Curriculum Development, Public Administration, Human Services, Social Work, Sociology OR a related field of study.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and an ability to communicate well with people of diverse socioeconomic backgrounds and cultures.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- An ability to consistently demonstrate our values of insight, hard work, and effectiveness in your personal approach to work.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of public administration and organization applicable to a local agency is desired.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted during work, including County and other government officials, community groups, consumers, and the general public.
Arlington Employment Center is seeking volunteers to support large scale community job fairs by helping job seekers navigate event and network with employers. The Employment Center also conducts career workshops to prepare clients for gainful employment and welcomes business professional to facilitate workshops. In the Arlington Employment Center Training program, you can assist with developing training curriculum or leading a training class in the areas of computer training and the child development.
To learn more about the program complete form and Arlington Employment Center will reach out to you.