The Arlington Employment Center offers a variety of services to help you find a new job and resources to advance your career.
- Career Concourse: Explore careers consistent with your values and interests. (Best viewed in Google Chrome or Apple Safari)
- Virginia Career Wizard: Free career interests & work values assessment tool.
- Arlington’s Career Counselors: Do you need help finding a job? Do you need financial support to enroll into a certification training program? The Arlington Employment Center may be able to help.
Career Exploration, Job Search, & Labor Market Information
- Arlington Job Board: Search for local job opportunities and career fairs.
- Career Concourse: Explore job openings, salary information, and more. (Best viewed in Google Chrome or Apple Safari)
- Labor Market Research: Northern Virginia Community College/Workforce conducts research on economic conditions and the labor market in Northern Virginia to develop a robust talent pipeline that meets the needs of employers in the region. The research department produces downloadable dashboards, reports and publications on industry sectors, hiring trends and other economic indicators.
- Virginia Workforce Connection: Your gateway to employment and labor market information in Virginia.
Continuing Education Programs
- Career Counseling & Tuition Assistance Programs: Do you need help finding a job? Do you need financial support to enroll into a certification training program? The Arlington Employment Center may be able to help.
- Child Development Associate Training Program: An Early Childhood Education Professional is one of the fastest growing in-demand occupations. The Arlington Employment Center’s Child Development Associate Training Program (CDA) includes classroom instruction, work experience, professional portfolio development and preparation for credentialing exam.
- Computer Training Programs: The Arlington Employment Center offers a variety of computer training programs, from learning basic computer skills to CompTIA A+.
- REEP – English Classes for Adults: The Arlington Education and Employment Program (REEP) provides English classes to adults in Arlington, Virginia. We also offer career development opportunities with English for child care provider classes, computer skills certification, and TOEFL preparation classes. Instruction at REEP integrates language, U.S. culture, digital literacy, community involvement, and workforce preparation into all courses.
- Saylor Academy: Free online courses available across the world. Build new skills or work towards a degree at your own pace with free Saylor Academy courses.
Disabilities Employment Services
- Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services: Provides employment assistance to individuals with disabilities.
- Ticket to Work – Arlington’s Employment Network: Employment services for anyone receiving Social Security Disability Insurance or Supplemental Security Income Benefits due to disability between the ages of 18 and 64 and wants to increase their monthly financial outcomes. For more information, contact, Emily Hoban at 571-326- 9857.
Youth Employment Services
- Arlington Youth Employment Program: Arlington Employment Center’s Youth Employment Program provides comprehensive employment services to Arlington youth ages 18-24. For more information fill out a Career Counseling Request Form.
- Essential Professional Skills Information: A collection of Soft Skills Training Videos.
- Volunteering & Internships: Clearinghouse of youth volunteering and internship resources.
- Youth Employment Certificate (Work Permit): In Virginia, if you are 14 or 15 years of age you must have a work permit to work at a job. If you are under the age of 14 you cannot be issued a work permit. To apply for a work permit, visit The Virginia Department of Labor and Industry VA Electronic Certificate Application System.
- Youth Job Search Tips: A collection of youth job search tips and resources.