Arlington Teen Summer Expo – Virtual Job Fair*
Monday, April 12, 2021
2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Arlington Teen Summer Expo is offered free to teens, young adults, and those advertising summer positions including jobs, volunteer opportunities, and internships.
*Please use Google Chrome, Apple Safari, or Firefox to register for and attend this virtual job fair.
Watch the following videos to help you prepare for this event:
- Preparing for the Arlington Teen Summer Expo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hljXjDKb05wU0Y3jA9gU2cp-KW1zOh5G/view?usp=sharing
- Registering for the event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z00w1eLsuFQ
- How to use the chat feature: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pf5y1OQYvis
- How to navigate through the lobby: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=J0dkXyhsCxc&t=110s
- Prepare for the Teen Expo PPT: The last slide of the presentation includes links to resources for creating a resume, crafting an elevator pitch, filling out job applications, common interview questions, and thank-you notes.
- Prepare for the Teen Expo Handout: You can use this document to prepare for and participate in the Arlington Teen Expo. You should also use it after the Arlington Teen Expo to follow up with employers.
- Arlington Youth Employment Program: Arlington Employment Center’s Youth Employment Program provides comprehensive employment services to Arlington out-of-school youth ages 18-24. To learn more, click here.
- Essential Professional Skills Information: A collection of Soft Skills Training Videos.
- Volunteering & Internships: Clearinghouse of youth volunteering and internship resources.
- Youth Employment Certificate (Work Permit): In Virginia, if you are 14 or 15 years of age you must have a work permit to work at a job. If you are under the age of 14 you cannot be issued a work permit. To apply for a work permit, visit The Virginia Department of Labor and Industry VA Electronic Certificate Application System.
- Youth Job Search Tips: A collection of youth job search tips and resources.
Employers and jobseeker questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org