All workshops are sponsored by The Arlington Employment Center, and held at 2100 Washington Blvd, on the 1st floor. Due to limited seating, pre-registration is required for all workshops and can be done at the reception desk.
Employability Skills: The Hard Skills to Master
- Soft Skills are sometimes called essential skills, people skills or job skills. We call them employability skills. This interactive workshop identifies the most important employability skills identified by employers and explores why they are important.
- Use this workshop to build your LinkedIn profile.
- Learn how to obtain federal employment and decide whether federal employment is right for you.
- Join us to uncover the mystery of obtaining federal employment! Join us to discuss whether federal employment right for you. You will find out where to search for federal employment as well as how to read vacancy announcements. We will provide you with an overview of how to complete customized federal resumes that will make you a competitive and successful federal employment applicant.”
- Informational workshop
- This workshop covers the entire interviewing process including how to prepare.
- Identify what employers are really looking for in an interview and review common interview questions and appropriate responses.
- Learn tips on how to present a dynamic benefit statement that will say to an employer “Hire me!”
- This workshop will provide hands-on interviewing practice. Our counselors will simulate an interview tailored to your occupation of interest.
- The entire process will be recorded and reviewed with you to provide suggestions and feedback.
Introduction To Basic Computer
- This workshop is designed to introduce students to a basic understanding of computers and how to use them. It will also give students an idea of how to access and navigate the internet. The workshop ends with a mouse practice.
- The purpose of the Job Search Workshop will be to introduce you to the com-ponents of and how to conduct a successful job search. As a result of this workshop, participants will:
• Understand the importance of having a job goal
• Understand the area job market and how to research employers
• Learn how to locate and understand job openings
• Develop skills and a plan for your job search
- Learn how to understand financial values, create a spending plan, manage credit and learn budget saving tips.
- Learn how to use your networking skills to successfully obtain your targeted position
- Learn how to use strategic targeted networking techniques to identify and market yourself to hiring officials to get ahead of just passively applying for open positions
- The purpose of the Basic Resume Workshop will be to introduce you to what a resume is and how it is used in a successful job search. As a result of this workshop, participants will:
• Understand the components of an effective resume
• Understand the difference between a resume and a job application
• Know when to use a resume
• Recognize different types of resumes and which one is most appropriate to use
• Be able to design and write a portable resume “shell” to use when applying for jobs
Social Media I… Your Job Search
- Using Social Networking as an Employment Search Tool, this two-part inter-active workshop will enable participants to search for employment and in-crease marketability through the effective use of social media networking. Part 1 is an overview of social media and why it is important in your job search. In part 2, you will learn how to develop an effective job search strategy using LinkedIn and you will learn how to create a LinkedIn profile.
- In today’s fast paced environment, many of us are leading stressful lives. Learn stress relieving techniques that you can use both on and off the job.
- We’ll also help you develop tools to avoid or overcome stress.