All workshops are offered online:
- To register, email email@example.com and in the body of the email include the name and date of the workshop that you wish to attend.
|Job Search Basics I *||Tuesday, May 19||11:00 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.|
|Job Search Basics II *||Thursday, May 21||11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.|
|Social Media I||Wednesday, May 20||1:00 p.m. – 2:10 p.m.|
|Social Media II||Wednesday, May 27||1:00 p.m. – 2:10 p.m.|
|Employability Skills||Wednesday, May 20||10:00 a.m. – 11:10 a.m.|
|Employability Skills||Wednesday, May 27||10:00 a.m. – 11:10 a.m.|
|Social Media I||Wednesday, June 17||1:00 p.m. – 2:10 p.m.|
|Social Media II||Wednesday, June 24||1:00 p.m. – 2:10 p.m.|
|Employability Skills||Wednesday, June 17||10:00 a.m. – 11:10 a.m.|
|Employability Skills||Wednesday, June 24||10:00 a.m. – 11:10 a.m.|
*These workshops are mandatory for job seekers enrolled in career counseling services.
- Disability & Employment: Explore the various challenges that can occur when working and living with a disability. Topics discussed range from how to find the right job, disclosure of disability and accommodation with potential or current employers. Learn self-advocacy, and other resources available to you.
- Employability Skills: The Hard Skills to Master: Soft Skills are sometimes called essential skills, people skills or job skills. We call them employability skills. This interactive workshop identifies the most important employability skills identified by employers and explores why they are important.
- Federal Applications: Learn how to obtain federal employment and decide whether federal employment is right for you. Find out where to search for federal employment as well as how to read vacancy announcements. This workshop is designed to make you a competitive and successful federal employment applicant.
- GED: Find out what you need to know to obtain a GED in this informational workshop.
- Job Search Basics: It’s all about planning when it comes to job search. In this workshop, learn the steps to executing a strategic job search and out of the box job search methods to land the right job.
- Money Management: Learn financial values, create a spending plan, manage credit and budget saving tips.
- Social Media I and II… Your Job Search: Social Networking is an effective tool in job search. In this two-part inter-active workshop, learn how to network and increase marketability to employers. Part 1 is an overview of social media and why it is important in your job search. In part 2, learn how to develop an effective job search strategy using LinkedIn and create a unique LinkedIn profile.
- Ticket to Work Information Session: Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about how work can impact your SSI or SSDI benefits, as well as plenty you never knew you wanted to know. We will explore an overview of what the Ticket to Work program is, what kind of Social Security benefits you are receiving and what each program means, as well as the impact earnings can have on each program. Anyone with a connection to SSA beneficiaries is also invited to attend: friends, family, support teams, etc.